Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer search bar does not increase with page width. [PowerBI Desktop and Service].

Hello,

With larger report pages the search function becomes quite squashed and difficult to use. Below I have attached screenshots of the issue. Below I have attached screenshots of the issue, I have managed to adjust the slicer items and headings font size to work with the larger pages, but these changes don’t seem transferrable to the space provided in the search area.

Page Width: 2200px

TFinnLeeming_0-1641901007707.png

Page Width: 3000px

TFinnLeeming_1-1641901019329.png

Page Width: 3700px

TFinnLeeming_2-1641901025517.png

I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to rectify this issue. I have tried adjusting font sizes and the size of the actual visual itself, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any help would be much appreicated 🙂 

Update:

This issue would be fixed and released in March.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. When changing the page width, it works fine both in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1641954595094.png

Perhaps you can update Power BI Desktop to the latest version(2.100.1182.0) and re-publish this report to Power BI Service to check it again.

Best Regards,

TFinnLeeming

Thank you for your response and for investigating.

Just to clarify the search bar is fine on wider pages, if the font remains the same size as it did on narrow pages i.e approx 12pt, but when I increase the font size to accomodate to the wider page and improve the usability of the report, that is when the search bar starts to shrink away.

In the screenshots above, the font size of the slicer items/heading for each page width are as follows:
2200px - font size 14pt

3000px - font size 18pt

3700px - font size 28pt

Unfortunately, I have updated the app and the issue still remains. 

All the best,

Tibby

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the detailed information. Have sumbited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 282970680), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Update:

This issue would be fixed and released in March.

Best Regards,