Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer panel selection groups disappear

Hello,

I have made a slicer panel using groups and bookmarks and it works fine when it is done but when I save it and open the file again or publish it to the service the groups of the visuals disappear. Problem seems to be that Power BI somehow forgets the groups of the selection page. This problem appears on clients server but I cannot recreate the problem on my own computer. This problem occured on last months Power BI version and on latest version.

Hi @Probleema ,

What's the meaning of "using groups and bookmarks ", how do you set your slicer?

Can you show me your steps so that I can try to repro you problem.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Probleema ,

What's the meaning of "using groups and bookmarks ", how do you set your slicer?

Can you show me your steps so that I can try to repro you problem.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Probleema
Regular Visitor

What I mean by that is that I group the visuals and use bookmarks to hide/show the grouped visuals and assign these bookmarks to buttons that show/hide the slicer panel.
This video shows what I mean:
https://youtu.be/QaOG42ic2wI?t=241

It works fine until I save the PBIX file and reopen it or publish it. Then the report just "forgets" the grouping. It does remember the bookmarks. I did the slicer panel by not using groups and it works just fine saved and published. I couldn't recreate this on my own computer so maybe it has something to do with the server I have the report on. It has some limitations on internet connectivity so maybe that could cause it? 

melanieesmith42

I'm having the same issue with the same use case. I have 92 visuals in this report that need to be selectively hidden or shown; selecting the 50 or so visuals that are part of one group of bookmarks is tedious compared to grouping the visuals that need to be shown together and then hiding or showing that group. All I did was press Ctrl+Z to undo an unrelated change, and all of my groups fell apart. And even worse than that, all of my visuals fell out of order. So now I can't even revert back to the old way of manually selecting every single visual and updating my bookmarks that way without first reorganizing everything the way it was previously.

Unfortunately, designing the report to have multiple pages is not possible in this case. Having to reorder every element on the page and reconfigure all 10 bookmarks is needlessly frustrating and seems like a major design flaw. This has been an issue for as long as I've used Power BI, and I hope it gets fixed.

Probleema
Regular Visitor

This issue is still valid even after updating to the newest Power BI Desktop version. My issue is exactly like melanieesmith42 describes.