Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer not saving single select option

Scenario:

I have a report with a single-select drop-down slicer that filters what device information will be displayed. This report is already published and has been working as intended for several months now.

However, somehow on the web version this silcer will revert back to a multi-select format. when i open up the desktop file, the slicer still remains as single-select. I'll save and republish it to try and fix the web version and even though the web version will show that it has been updated, the slicer still remains as a mutli-select. I've tried editing the web version and changing this slicer back to a single-select in the edit mode; and although the slicer will show that it has changed back to single-select, when I save and close out/re-open the slicer will again show as a multi-select in the report. I've tried clearing my cache and then republishing or editing in the web mode but neither seems to fix the issue.

The only fix that I've found online that works is to completely delete the slicer in the desktop version and then re-create it, save, and republish. However, since this is the second time that I've had to do this to fix the issue (in the last several months), I fear that this is not a permanent solution to the problem. 

I simple want to make Microsoft aware of this possible bug/issue.

Hi @EndUser_07 ,

Please provide the version of Power BI Desktop you are using and the version of Power BI Service you currently have.
Also, in order to better reproduce your situation, did you choose a date type for this slicer or any of the data types?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @EndUser_07 ,

Please provide the version of Power BI Desktop you are using and the version of Power BI Service you currently have.
Also, in order to better reproduce your situation, did you choose a date type for this slicer or any of the data types?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

EndUser_07

Hi Team _ Caitlyn,

Desktop PowerBi Version: 2.110.805.0

PowerBi Web Service: PowerBi Pro

Slicer Data Type: Text

Hopefully this answers the things you are asking for. Let me know if there is anything else you might need. Also, it might be quite dificult to reproduce this as I'm unsure what is triggering it to happen. Like I mentioned above, everything works as expected for a time, but then I'll come back to it and it will have changed back to a multi-select slicer on the web version.

Thanks,

EndUser_07

Arronsean
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I can confirm I am aslo experiencing the exact same issue. The only work around I've found is like that of the above.

The slicer that I'm having the issue with is a date field.

Desktop Version: 2.111.590.0

MichelleJ

I'm also having the same issue. My slicer is also a date.

Desktop: 

Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022)

Web: 

Service version13.0.19958.49
Client version2301.4.12022-train
Jakebm

I'm experiencing this issue on the web. When I publish from desktop then the result has Single select enabled.

Editing it on the web to disable Single select and then save does nothing. Its still enabled.

johnnylo
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with slicer.  My slicer is also a date field.

mohammadyousaf
Helper III

having the same issue, even edit in the service and saving it is not working. 

nbecera
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue.

Mr_Macklam_1

Hi, 

I was/still having the same issues with the new Slicer Visual. This is for non-date fields too. 

I have taken all the sync slicers off and reset them. But this didn't work either

Any other suggestions I would like to know please. 

zarmonas
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I am having the same issue. When Report is put in the app on Power BI service, instead of single selection I get multi-selection.

Slicer contains Date Hiearachy.