Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer loss of functionality when Title used instead of Header

I'm trying to provide users with a Date Range Picker. The slicer works great until I switch off the Header (which pulls in the 'Cube' Field name 'Full Date.Value' ) and give it a meaningful Title  ('Date Range Picker). When I do this the slicer no longer responds to cross filtering, it no longer allows a change in the type of slicer (not a big problem) and, most importantly, the 'Clear Selection' option disappears. I can't imagine that this is desired functionality! Any ideas? Hope someone can help.  Slicer loss of functionality when Title used instead of HeaderSlicer loss of functionality when Title used instead of Header

Comments
PaulH
Regular Visitor

I'm now working around this by renaming the 'Header' rather than using 'Title'. Still believe it's bug though.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @PaulH,

The Header is a part of the slicer regarding to the structure. And the Header contains three widgets. So you lost three functions when you close the Header. If you want to separate them, please file an idea here.

Do you mean the two date range slicers don't filter each other? This is the default behaviour.

If there are other details, please post here and I will test again.

BTW, you can paint the header white to hide it.

Slicer_loss_of_functionality_when_Title_used_instead_of_Header

Best Regards,

Dale

PaulH
Regular Visitor

Thanks Dale

I have found a work around for most of the issues by using Header (rather than Title) and then renaming. 

In one case, when I'm using a hierarchy, renaming is disabled. I'm working around that by (as you suggest) paintng it white and overlying a text box. Not ideal but....

Because of using Header throughout I do get successful cross filtering. (although you say it's not default behavior!). So, as per my screenshot above, if I have a Year slicer, I can use it to narrow the scope of the Date RRange slicer to that year.