Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer loses data when time slicer applied

no slicer selectedno slicer selectedroadway slicer, working as expectedroadway slicer, working as expecteddate slicer killing roadwaydate slicer killing roadway

I am trying to put together a dashboard where I want to have 2 slicers, one on roadway and one on year.  When I use the Roadway slicer the year is unaffected, but the converse is not true. When I select a year that is not 2017, all of my Roadways disappear. I would expect some of them to come off based on not having data for that year/roadway combination but selecting 2016 kills all of them.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bstylee470,

Which Power BI desktop version did you run? Based on my test in 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017), two slicers works fine. In your scenario, please update the desktop to the same version as ours, and you can download our sample file to test on your side to see if the issue related to report. 

Also please check if the interaction for the Year slicer is filtered by Roadway slicer: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-3-11a-create-interaction-betwee...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Bstylee470
Frequent Visitor

I updated to the October Release and i am still having this issue. We have been through our data model and it appears to be built correctly so these 2 fields should not be having this interaction issue. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bstylee470,

Have you tried the sample file provided in my previous post? It works fine on my side, please check if it works in your environment. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu