Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer issue with blank values and zeros

Hi,

I have an issue when filtering numeric column which has numbers and blank values in it. 

Problem is that when using the filter to show only 0 (zero) values, also the blank values will be shown. Selecting/deselecting blanks in the basic filtering has no effect. In advanced filtering applying "is not blank" works however.

Also in basic filtering, if all the values are selected ("Select all") and then clicked one by one (deselecting them) so that 0 (zero) is the only value selected, then matrix shows zero values correctly. Also in this case selecting/deselecting blanks show in the matrix as supposed.

Attach are screen captures of the issue. I have also reproduced it in a simple pbix file which I can send/upload somewhere.

Blanks incorrectly showingBlanks incorrectly showingBlanks filtered outBlanks filtered out

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@beli

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 28445410

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @beli,

I got the information that this is currently by design.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

javi0unavailabl
Resolver II

Finally, I found this. I was going crazy with the behavior of my report.

Is there any update? I think this is an amazing and very serious BUG not to be solved yet by Microsoft team

javi0unavailabl
Resolver II

Workaround if anyone reach this:

In Edit Queries, change the column type to Text instead Number.

PVO3
Impactful Individual

I'm not sure what the reasoning is that this is intentional. I just spend an hour to find this old post...

ugurdemir
Advocate I

This is not only a slicer issue but also dax functions of IF and SWITCH

Example measure=

var _test=[a measure] \\ format as decimal

return

switch(true()

,_test>10,"A"

,_test>=0,"B"

)

In this situation whether [a measure] is 0 or blank Example measure returns B

But if i rewrite it like this;