Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer and Table Visual Issue

I have a nagging issue that seems to be causing real heartache with users of Power BI.  A value change in a slicer will cause a table visual to re-render the data with the Slicer filter applied - but not at the top of the table - In the below image - The change will ALWAYS cause the table to fall short of the top - If a user is not paying attention - they will make bad assumption that the first record being displayed is the first record in the table - really bad if the data is sorted by value.

The below has the table on left before a slicer is applied - then after then after slicer is applied the table on right is displaying the data... but NOT from the top of the table.  Seems like the #1 dropping account is -55%... but it's not if you scroll up - very...very dangerous to our end users - a risk of walking away with the wrong answer here.2018-05-21_10-57-13.png

Comments
Steve_Bedford
Advocate II

@v-qiuyu-msft

Is there an update on this issue please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

Do you have a timeline when this will be fixed?

Regards,

Ferdinand

leahschneider
Helper III

Does anyone have a workaround for this?  I'm going to try to limit matrix height and width but I'd really like to have a fix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if its acceptable in your scenario, you could use a top n so that there are never more rows than the matrix height

leahschneider
Helper III

Thanks @Anonymous that is a great idea but we need to see all of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

@v-yuta-msft 

Is there an update for this?

In the interim, I have text guidance on reports asking users to make sure they scroll to the top after using filters. That's not a great look.