Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NirH_at_BITeam
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Visual - Group All members and All members excluding one of them

Hi,

This may sounds Simple but I was not able to think of a way to implement that.

I have a short list of Vendors:

Vendor A

Vendor B

Vendor C

Vendor D

Vendor E

I would like my users to have a basic slicer (using the slicer visual) that will provide them with the following options:

SlicerName

- "All Vendors Inc. Vendor E"

- "All Vendors Exc. Vendor E"   

I put apostrophes because this is the naming convention I would like to use for my users.

The first one should include all members and the second one should include all except Vendor E.

I was trying to use Grouping but this ONLY allows to reaggregate my list of values and doesn't give the option to use ALL members along with a new group that is created.

Also the option of "Select All" in teh slicer format under "Selection Control" doesn't provide an adequate solution to my request.

Any idea how this can be resolved?

Sounds quite simple to me...

Thanks!

NH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NirH_at_BITeam,

You can add a new table which contains values: All Vendors Inc. Vendor E, All Vendors Exc. Vendor E. Then add this column to a slicer visual, create a measure: 

Measure = IF(MAX(Table2[Column1])="All Vendors Inc. Vendor E",SUM(Table1[Amount]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Amount]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Category]<>"Vendor E")))

e3.PNG

e4.PNGe5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NirH_at_BITeam,

You can add a new table which contains values: All Vendors Inc. Vendor E, All Vendors Exc. Vendor E. Then add this column to a slicer visual, create a measure: 

Measure = IF(MAX(Table2[Column1])="All Vendors Inc. Vendor E",SUM(Table1[Amount]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Amount]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Category]<>"Vendor E")))

e3.PNG

e4.PNGe5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.