Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer Transparency Desktop vs Web Issue

We have a slicer that is set with no Item background that shows correctly in desktop version, but is showing with a white item background in the web version. Is this a bug or is there a way to set these items as transparent background? I would prefer to not have grey colored background if possible.

Screenshots:

Items Transparency setting:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Desktop version:

Web version:

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please try to run the latest Power BI desktop version then test again. If issue persists, please share a sample pbix file with us to test it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

peter_rips
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Give it a look here please:

Left Side - Desktop | Right Side - WebLeft Side - Desktop | Right Side - Web

Thanks

magsod
Solution Supplier

The same issue is now happening in latest version of Power BI Desktop (Feb 2018).

Before the update items in the slicers had a "true" transparent background, now that background is set to white.

Br,

Magnus

carolnmarr
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft in the most updated version of Power BI (Feb 2018 release), I now do not even have the option for transparent background in Desktop version.

Here is a file & screenshot for example.

SlicerTransparency.png

PBIX File - Download

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Regarding the issue happens on the latest Power BI desktop version, the fix will be released next week. 

Regarding the issue in Power BI service, I have sent a email to consult this issue internally. Will update here once I get any information. 

Currently, we can try temporary changing item background color manually to match with slicer background to work around the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got the information internally that the issue in Power BI service will be fixed this week. Please test again after this week. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

carolnmarr
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft - I can confirm that the new Desktop version (2.55.5010.641) resolves the issue on Desktop, but I am still experiencing the issue with Power BI service as of today 2/19 at 9:00am CST. Do you have any update on the resolution?

Thank you

Transparency.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

I tested and the issue persisted in Power BI service on my side. I already sent a email to consult it internally. Will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

The fix in Power BI service is postponed by a week. It should in all cluster by 2/22. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu