Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Slicer Scroll Bug on user selection

On Power BI embedded report (based on azure workspace) I see the following behaviour on my slicers.

The slicers contain relatively long list of items so that they require scroll.

Multiple item selection is enabled in the slicers.

When the user selects a couple of items in the higher part or the list, the slicer will automatically scroll somewhere unrelated down the list. What is more problematic is that the slicer doesn't allow to scroll up again to the top of the list.

The slicer goes again to the top of the list if the user interacts with other visual in the same page of the report.

When the user what's to slice the data often this bug produces a painful expericence.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

Would you please check if the same issue happens in Power BI service firstly? 

Would you please share more information about the issue? It would be better if you could provide a sample pbix file and video to clarify the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mingagelis
Regular Visitor

It seems like this bug from last year has resurfaced:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/My-Slicers-are-busted/td-p/210900

My slicer behaves exactly like in the screen capture from above case. Same in both Feb and March releases. Both PBI Desktop and when published to .com.

Sohrab
Helper I

This is affecting us right now.  We too use long slicer lists with multi-select, and the usability of our reports is greatly impacted by this.

Was this confirmed as a bug? If so, is there any ETA?

6mon
Helper II

Still doesn't work in current desktop version ( 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (june, 2019))

donquijote
Advocate IV

In case this helps someone else. We we deleted the slicer visual and replaced it with a new one.

The newly created visual doesn't have the problematic behavior anymore.

With the problematic visual it we selected an item lower down the list, the scrolling location in the visual would jump up somewhere else above in the list.

This made almost imposible to work with the slicer since we had to scroll down each time to select each new item.

However deleting the visual and creting a new slicer from cratch allowed to work around this issue since the newly created slicer is behaving well in this respect.

cantruchd
Advocate I

Still does not work in Service.