Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer - Relative format not allowing drop down selection change in Power Bi Service

When using the "Relative" style Slicer, I am unable to select options from either dropdown in my report in the Power Bi Service.

I have noticed this issue since Wednesday, 9/5. It is working on Power Bi Desktop, but my users cannot modify the timeframe in the Service. My option is to use the "Between" style in the interim until this issue is fixed.

DropDown menu options:

[Last, Next, This]

[Days, Weeks, Weeks(Calendar), Months, Months(Calendar), Years, Years(Calendar)]

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KBi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Which browser do you use to access the report? Would you please test again with the latest Chrome browser? 

q4.PNGq5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

KBi
Regular Visitor

I am on the latest Chrome browser and both drop downs do not work.  The drop down expands, but will not allow me to select any options.  This was reported to me from another source using my Report, so others are also experiencing the issue.

ChromeVersion.PNG

KBi
Regular Visitor

I can repro the issue on IE 11 and Edge as well.  I created the report in Power Bi Desktop and published to the Service.  This has been an active report for ~9 months and this just started happening in the past week.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KBi,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the issue both in IE and Edge. Would you please share the pbix file with us? If it contains sensitive data, you can upload it to your Onedrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KBi,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 83941675. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KBi

I got information below: 

Yes, known issue, we patched DXT last night and MSIT will be fixed tonight. PROD is not affected.

Please test again tomorrow to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are having the same problem in my company. I only became aware of this issue today and that report was working a couple of weeks ago. So at least in out end as of today it is still not working properly.

Kind regards,

Fernando

DBlaze
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue also. I just recently started using Power BI and got feedback from one of my users with the same problem reported.

Regards

David

peter-johnston

Having the same issue also. Uploaded a new report yesterday. The drop downs don't work on the web or in the app.