Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Slicer Jumps to Top After Selection

When using the slicer visualization, both Single Select and Multi-Select, the entire list jumps to the top after each selection.

This makes the user experience incredibly frustrating.  

I am aware that this has been an issue in the past, and the only solution I can find has stated that the bug was fixed in the September 2017 update. 

I have included a gif of my problem below. I apologize for the poor quality.

[video-to-gif output image]

Comments
prill2ta
Advocate II

Hello!

I've noticed that the slicer on Desktop (and Service) is jumping to the top of the list after most selections, which makes the user experience quite frustrating. 

I noticed that this has been an issue in the past, but was supposedly fixed in the Sep. 2017 update. 

I have made a short video to demonstrate what I am talking about. (Sorry for the quality).

[video-to-gif output image]

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prill2ta,

Would you please share the gif or video again? They're not available now. 

Also please try to update the Power BI desktop to the latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

prill2ta
Advocate II

Couldn't get it to format correctly so here is a quick Google Drive link: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19yfJ8wQ38TRJZo0p7XuM_OepP1OHFaxO

Thanks for the assistance!

wx5558284
Frequent Visitor

I have this issue too, both desktop and web service jumps back to the top line when you selected in a slicer with long list.

jfieck123
Frequent Visitor

I have this too and yes it's very very frusterating.  It makes the slicer almost unusable.

I have tested on the latest verison of desktop just loaded a moment ago and have same issue.

I am a little surprised something like this has not yet been fixed...

How do we get it addressed?  

jfieck123
Frequent Visitor

I found this:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31642231-bug-report-slicer-window...

I voted for it.  Everyone else may wish to as well...    Just a heads up for those that may not have know this was out there as a reported idea (bug) really.

jfieck123
Frequent Visitor

Looks like this one is fixed now.  Good news.

merryseeker
Frequent Visitor

We are seeing this behavior today (10/11/2018) in the power bi service. It works in the desktop version. Is there something that we can do to remedy this?

6mon
Helper II

Doesn't work in current desktop version ( 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (june, 2019))