Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer Eraser Should Clear Search Window Also

When you have a slicer which is a Drop Down & the Search window turned the Eraser to remove the filter will remove the filters applied via check boxes, however, The Search window is not cleared.

Thus, if you had text in the search window it remains even after the filter has been "erased."

This creates confusion with users, because sometimes it is not obvious that the Search Window still has text, which is filtering down the selection of items. Thus, sometimes users think something is wrong because there are items missing even though they have pressed the eraser to remove all filters from the slicer.

See Idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32919691-slicer-eraser-should-cle...

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Mike_Carlo,

Thank you for the great idea. I have voted.

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

I experience the same thing. I voted!

JimJim
Helper V

Voted, this is really frustrating.

cruescher
Regular Visitor

I agree, really frustrating and very confusing to end users.

map_cat

How is this NOT the defualt behavior???? 

pb1051
Advocate II

@v-jiascu-msft Can we get an idea of where this is in the backlog? Seems like an easy fix adn would really reduce some of our clicks and time spent training users on this peculiarity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this behaviour solved?

pb1051
Advocate II

No, not solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update