Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer Dropdowns not rendering properly on Report Server when using Bookmarks

When using bookmarks to change tabs on a report hosted on Report Server, the dropdown slicers will partially render as regular lists instead of as intended.

Improperly rendered after clicking Bookmark: Improperly Rendered.PNG

Properly rendered after refreshing:

Properly Rendered.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on Power BI report server version 15.0.2.402. 

Please open the same report in Power BI desktop, and enable the bookmarks pane, and click Views to check if the bookmark does save slicer collapse state. 

Also please try to update the Power BI report server to the latest version as ours. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

I am getting the same error in Power BI Desktop  (March 2018) version.  Clicking between tabs works normally.  When I click on the shape that has the bookmark link, it takes me to the correct tab, but breaks all of the dropdown slicers and I have to reset them from list to dropdown again. This happens every time I click on any of the bookmark links.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Your issue looks like a problem of update.

If you have more bookmarks that are related to the same filter object, when you change any filter to a dropdown slicer, you should:

1) Positition in the 1st bookmark, modify the filter and update the bookmark

2) Copy the slicer format, then select the second bookmarks and apply the format to all the slicer filters

3) Update the 2nd bookmark and save report

While using bookmarks you should always update those while changing graph.

Clelia

Your issue look like a problem of update