Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer Bug dropdown switches to list when Report is published

I am reporting a similar bug to the issue rasied in March 2019 https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Slicer-switches-from-Dropdown-to-List-when-using-Bookmarks-l...

The difference is I am not using bookmarks. I am using Desktop Version: 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (October 2019).

Other solutions to this issue such as switching off the visual header or editing the slicer in Power BI Service have not resolved the bug.

When I edit the slicer in Power BI Service and change it from List to Dropdown it looks fine until I save the Report and switch back to reading mode. When I make the switch to reading mode the dropdown automatically reverts to a list. 

Please take a look at the screen recording of this issue.

I raised this in the community and was advised to raise an issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dropdown-slicer-not-displaying-correctly-in-Power-BI-Servic...

Some screenshots

Desktop/editing mode

PBI-Desktop view.jpg

Service/reading mode

PBI-Service view.jpg

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce the issue. Always try the latest version of Power BI Desktop and check Supported browsers. You may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

wgoley
Regular Visitor

This is happening to me too. It is changing many of my dropdowns inexplicably to mosaic slicer views. It is directly related to when I last updated Power BI. It's making development SO SLOW because I have to keep copying and pasting the dropdowns when I navigate to a different page so I don't have to completely recreate the slicers every time. The first time it happened was when I pressed a button to navigate to a bookmark.

brandon061017
Frequent Visitor

I am having this issue as well in several instances. Here is exactly how it has appeared every time:
Step 1: Make a selection in a slicer
Step 2: Save that slicer with selections in a bookmark

Step 3: Click another bookmark

The bookmarks were on the same page, filtering a different slicer (one to only show 3 wks data, one to show all data). I update bookmark with a selection, click on all dates bookmark to do the same, but slicer now shows as a list, not a dropdown and won't change back. Can we please fix this and does anyone know a way to change it back and make this work? I need to save the slicers with data selected. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey people, i have the exact same problem here and i cant fix it.. How can we inform the developers to fix this Bug? 

Marcelo_P

I'm having the same problem here. I hope developers can address this issue soon.

amirshiloh
Advocate I

i found a solution for that issue :

when you set a bookmark, you can (r.click) and uncheck the Data option on its menu - that will eliminate data filter issues (after you uncheck the Data, click the Update on the same bookmark menu - inorder to save that setting)

in that way, you can use one combo box for these bookmarks, without having the issue of the slicer shown as a list.