Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Single select dropdown slicer has stopped auto-closing?

In the March edition of Power BI Desktop there were some great changes to the slicer visual, introducing radio buttons on single select and autoclose at selection in dropdown mode. 

However, the autoclose function doesn't seem to work anymore in Power BI Desktop, only when the report has been published. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I missing a setting somewhere? 

I'm currently using the May version (2.69.5467) and this MIGHT have started after that last upgrade, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here's a short clip  (I use Norwegian languague, but you'll probably understand what's what.)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TerYeah ,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 125277761. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TerYeah

The fix will be released in Power BI desktop June version this week. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

TerYeah
Helper I

That's good news, thanks!

TerYeah
Helper I

Just to let you know: I have downloaded the new version, but this issue is still not fixed.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @TerYeah

The fix has been checked-in. The fix will be on:

* September release for Desktop.
* PROD starting on 8/26

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

TerYeah
Helper I

Great! Looking forward to that. Also note that the bug is found in PBI Service and in the mobile app, as well.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@TerYeah ,

This issue has been fixed currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

TerYeah
Helper I

Great, seems to work now! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TerYeah & @v-yuta-msft ,

I am still facing the same issue. I have selected the single section in power bi desktop then published the report but it does not close automatically. 

plus if we press CTRL & then select it allows to select multiple items. 

can you please help on this?