Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sign-In Window does not launch properly when trying to sign into Organizational Account

The window appears to be available but is not accessible i.e. it won't maximize
this has been happening isince October update, and colleagues are reporting the same issue

Comments
JGroothedde
Advocate II

Can you try turning off the 'Power BI Desktop Infrastructure Update' option in the Preview Features section of the options and settings? It's the last option in the list. This fixed the issue for me. Turning on that preview feature makes it so Power BI uses Webview instead of CefSharp. 

JGroothedde_0-1635235356320.png

narloo71
Regular Visitor

Hi @JGroothedde 
That option no longer exists for me in the October Release, although it was there in the last update (September).

narloo71_0-1635241008319.png

JGroothedde
Advocate II

Hi @narloo71 that's my bad. I forgot to mention i initially reverted back to the september release of Power BI to solve the issue, but that didn't work until i turned off the preview feature.

So it might be helpful to install the september version! If that's an option for you, you can find it here.

narloo71
Regular Visitor

@JGroothedde 

Thanks I have installed the previous version and that works fine.

JGroothedde
Advocate II

Great! Hopefully the issues will be patched out soon.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, I think you should first check if you have blocked the pop-up in your browser that is used to open the Power BI service, please refer to this link:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

narloo71
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-robertq-msft thanks for your response. I've tried allowing all pop-ups in my default broswer but the issue remains. the Authentication window is created, the problem is there is no way to access it. Screenshot below:

narloo71_0-1635317394183.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my test, my Sign-In Window can normally appear when I connected to the Power BI desktop using the Odata connecter, then use the Organizational account to log in:

vrobertqmsft_0-1635318592821.png

My Power Bi desktop version is the October version:

vrobertqmsft_1-1635318592823.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Anonymous
Not applicable

My organization is also struggling with this bug. Please let us know how we can proceed. We have tried PowerBI desktop/store. We have installed WebView2, Enabled/Disabled new Infrastructure Preview functionality. We have tried making Edge default browser etc. Nothing helps, I guess this needs to get ultimate attention from the PowerBI developers. we are actually unable to serve our customers.