Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Show blank values on small multiples line chart

Hi,

I was working on a line chart with small multiples, when I noticed some timestamps were missing. 
I selected the 'show items with no data' on the X-axis, but didn't change anything.

Once I put my column for small multiples as the legend, the timestamps appear. When I put the column back to small multiples, the timestamps dissapear.

In this example, you can see it happening with timestamp 10-10-2021 14:08

Legend:

legenda.PNG

Small Multiples:small multiples.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

I couldn’t reproduce your problem. Could you please provide a download link of sample pbix file that contains this issue so I can investigate on it If it is convenient for you? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,                                                   

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous,

I couldn’t reproduce your problem. Could you please provide a download link of sample pbix file that contains this issue so I can investigate on it If it is convenient for you? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,                                                   

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Ofcourse I can help you with that.
PBI-file link
Data link

You can see that for timestamps with missing data (13:12 - 13:16) , the timestamps are still visible in the upper visual.
When I copy the visual and put the grouper as small multiples, the timestamps that don't have data will dissapear, even though 'Show items with no values' is checked.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

You may consider this solution: make some changes to your Sum Value measure.

Sum Value = 
VAR total = SUM ( Blad1[Value] ) 
RETURN IF ( ISBLANK ( total ), "", total )

The visual should look like this.

Wic_cz_0-1660030901495.png

Best Regards,

Wic_cz