Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Show as Table displays incorrect data in PBI Service

Repeating my reply from this post as this is an issue with PBI Service. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/quot-Show-as-Table-quot-Summarizing-Incorrectly/m-p/1785006

Visual below has a data color rule.  Show As Table works as expected in PBI Desktop but shows invalid data for one measure in PBI Service. Instead of showing the data for the measure in the visual it is showing the data for the measure in the rule under the heading of the measure in the visual.  When I removed the color rules the Show as Table works as expected in PBI Service.   

No rules.  Table is accurate.  Specifically UserDays (line) is accurate. (PBI Service)

Jim_B_0-1619104218892.png

I add a color rule and UserDays in the table is incorrect.  Doesn't match the visual.  (PBI Service)

Jim_B_1-1619104218909.png

I added the measure that the rule is dependent on (Live) as a tooltip and you can now see that the service is populating UserDays in the Table with the Live value.  

Jim_B_2-1619104218899.png

PBI Desktop Show as Table is correct.  

Jim_B_3-1619104218917.png

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI

I have reported this issue internally,icm:237950157

will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I get this from PG:

Bug created, fix is on the way.

ETA, June release of Desktop

Regards,

Lin

Jim_B
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Lin.  Is this a desktop issue?  Desktop works as expected.  PBI service is where the issue appears.  I don't understand how a desktop release can resolve the issue. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I tested it on my side, it also happens latest version power bi desktop.

and I submit it to PG, the issue happens on power bi desktop and power bi service too.

"By the way, Cx said it works in power bi desktop and not works in power bi service, but on my side, it does not work in power bi service and power bi desktop."

Regards,

Lin

Jim_B
Frequent Visitor

I installed the April 2021 desktop release and I'm now seeing the issue in desktop. Wasn't there in the previous version.  Thanks!

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Desktop has the same issue on my side.

7.JPG

Regards,

Lin