Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharing of a dashboard to external user does not work on report that does not have its own dataset

Sharing to an external user a dashboard that contains a page from a report without data does not work with the error message (sorry in French):

capture.jpg

The report page causing the issue has been built with powerbi desktop by pointing to a dataset on the service directly, and not including within the report itself.

Apparently, when you pin a page to a dashbord that comes from such a report, it does not manage to be correctly shared to an external user. This is embarrasing and not pratical. CAn you solve this ?

THanks !!

Best regards,

OB

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi OB,

I have submitted a report to the Product Team internally: CRI 51192381. I will update here when I get responses.

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @oberthju,

According to my test, the issue is gone. Could you please test it and post a feedback here?

Best Regards!

Dale

oberthju
Advocate I

Hi Dale,

Yep , issue is gone ! Perfect. Thanks for your reactivity on this.

The sharing of a dashboard page pinned from a report page based on data on the service can now be shared correctly to an external user.

Best Regards,

OB

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered