Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharing a dashboard with external user error: Failed to send email to invite users . . .

The ability to share a dashboard with someone in a different O365 tenet is no longer working.  It has been working for months and now throws an error message "Failed to send email to invite users . . ."

Looking around, this appears to be a known issue that was supposed to have an update yesterday 1/18.  I lost that message and link and couldn't find it again.  There was no apparent update on 1/18.

I do publish with the January 2018 desktop Power BI application under a PRO license.  I need to add the next wave of users.

Please help.

Phil

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PhilGrove,

In your scenario, do all users can't share a dashboard with external users or some specific users?

Please contact Power BI admin if Share content with external users is enabled. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-portal#tenant-settings

q2.PNG

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

PhilGrove
Regular Visitor

I have verified with our Admin that the Share Content with External Users is enabled and has been enabled.

Perhaps I should open a ticket.  Thoughts?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PhilGrove,

To get issue solved sooner, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

PhilGrove
Regular Visitor

A support ticket was created . . .

Support ticket number is: 118012417517820

Thanks for your assisance on this issue.