Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint refresh error OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed:

In the last couple of days, I have been getting the error below randomly in Power BI Desktop as well as in Power BI service. There is no consistency when and in which query this message will occur. Once every few times, the refresh works without changing anything. It can happen in any report randomly. I have also tried on different tenants and I can see the same issue. 

tempsnip.png

Thanks

Nishant

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Several issues regarding sharepoint and mashup query have been reported. You may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft . I will raise a support ticket. However, is there a way for me to check what issues are currently reported. Just want to check if my issue is a new one or someone else has already raised this issue. Also, it will help in the future to keep an eye on known issues. 

Nishant

melmell
Frequent Visitor

I'm experienceing the same error.

It started following the August 2020 update (Version: 2.84.661.0 64-bit & Version: 2.84.701.0 64-bit )

I have miltuple files in a SharePoint folder. The source is "SharePoint.Contents".

The query will start loading and at a random time will fail with the following error:

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: [file url]/_api/contextinfo."

I tried clearing and resetting the permissions, it didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas on how to debug this will be much appreciated.

Wien
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

I am having the same problem as @Anonymous;. Was his issue solved? If so, would you be able to share the solution? I've been trying to solve this problem for months and would really appreciate any insight you may have.

Wien

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wien I haven't had a solution however as this is intermittent it is difficult to get to the bottom of it. 

I do have noticed it usally happens when there are a lot of users using SharePoint in our organisation especially during finance month end. It seems that our organisation hits the upper limits of the traffic resulting in requests being rejected by MS servers. When I try again, it works. 

I don't think this is a bug with Power BI, I think this is a network issue.