Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint online data source stopped working on Power BI Web service refresh

HI Team,

On 10/11/2019 I am not able to refresh the dataset (manual or scheduled). I have MS SQL onpremise via On-premise gateway and SharePoint Online  Sharepoint List as the data sources. The Power BI Desktop is working fine and able to refresh data also outside the corporate network (via public WAN). The refreshes (even the scheduled ones) in the Power BI Web service worked perfectly till 10/10/ 2019 but day after 10/11/ 2019 they start to fail that the service is not able to connect to sharepoint online data source (no changes were done to data set or the app settings)

Best regards,

Jozef

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @quark

It seems that the dataset contains both SQL data source and SharePoint online data source. You should configure the dataset use the gateway. May I know which gateway you are using, personal mode or on-premises data gateway? 

Though there is no change made on your side, I would suggest you go to Dataset Settings section check if the gateway used by this dataset is online, re-enter valid credential for the SQL datasource and SharePoint online data source. Then test again to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

quark
Advocate I

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I have SQL set with On-premise data gateway (no personal). for Sharepoint Online I did not add that into the data gateway as the sharepoint is accessible also outside the corporate network. Credentials are set correctly as the pbix file as it is open in Power BI desktop refreshes fine (inside and outside the corporate network). Once this file is uploaded to Web Service workspace and try to refresh it fails on the sharepoint. When checking the setting of the dataset. On-premise Gateway is green, SQL connection is green and the Sharepoint is red as failed to connect.

The setup i had worked till 10/10/2019 and started to fail on 10/11/2019. 

I have tried multiple times to edit the sharepoint credential. Gone thourgh the sign on process for my company. Web Service says that the dataset was updated with new credentials but still sharepoint fails on refresh