Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint list connector pulling in incorrect column names

Sharepoint list connector is pulling in all list columns, but is messing up the names. Is this a bug?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi

How does the SharePoint list connector mess up the names? Could you please provide some more details and screenshot about it?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

alexdmax

The built-in column names are all fine; but the names of the columns containing user data have been changed to values which often begin with "OData_". (See columns in attached screenshot.)

Power BI SharePoint online connector error

jhartley

I'm having the same issue.  Several of my columns have been renamed:

16/17 Delivery Status now appears to be called DeliveryStatusInDelivery

17/18 Delilvery Status is now DeliveryStatusInPlanning

18/19 Delivery Status is now DeliveryStatusPipeline

I also have a new column called ID.1 which is a replica of the ID column ...  I didn't create it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Fricandel
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same thing. Automatic Refresh doesn't sync anymore and complains about missing columns in the data source. After investigating I found out that all of the mentioned columns shouldn't be there at all!

Is there a problem with PowerBI itself??

tlandry
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue, I can deal with the added columns but PBI is truncating some of my column descriptions and putting wierd characters in its place.

Any response on this issue?

saf
Regular Visitor

Same problem here! When we get answer from MS??

saf
Regular Visitor

Hei anybody!!???