Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint/Odata data source error

I'm trying to connect to a sharepoint source (list) using a url. I get this error when trying to load the data , i.e. after hitting the 'Load' button:

'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] We couldn't parse OData response result.

Error: An error was read from the payload. See the 'Error' property for more details..'.

I don't know what's going on here, I also get the same error when trying to refresh a Sharepoint data source. Is there any fix or workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cableoneob

Do you get any error in Query Editor? If no, please do a Refresh All from the Queries Editor (not from main PBI Desktop window).

It seems that you are using the OData Feed connector, you can also try with the SharePoint list connector.

If issue still persists, could you please collect the fiddler traces during loading the data, and share the .saz file to me through online file service like OneDrive?

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

cableoneob
Frequent Visitor

thanks very much for the response. I'd been away and will try your suggestion.

Yes i'm trying this out with a OData conn.

I'll try this specifically with a Sharepoint list conn as well. My initial guess was that there was some malformed json..