Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint List binary true/false field altered to 0/-1 in scheduled refresh

In Power BI desktop with a Sharepoint list as a data source, some of the data is binary (true/false) and is imported as such.  After publishing this file to the service and doing a scheduled refresh, the binary true/false is changed to 0/-1.  This means that any filters set to include or exclude either "true" or "false" values are invalidated, as the data now consists of "0" and "-1".  Filters that clearly communicate to an end user a "true" or "false" selection are changed to a confusing option of 0 or -1.

I created a workaround by defining a custom column in M as such:

NewColumn = if([BinaryColumn] or [BinaryColumn]=-1) then "True" else "False"

This seems to work, but it also seems like this is an issue that should be corrected.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@andrewbrick ,

I can reproduce this issue and have reported this issue internally. (ICM: 132795324) I will update here when I receive any response.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? When I publish a report with a TRUE/FALSE filter applied, the report shows blank after refreshing the datasource since the TRUE/FALSE column changes to -1/0 after the refresh. A workaround I've been using is publishing my reports with the filter "TRUE or -1" so that it still displays the proper data if the column decides to change during a refresh.