Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint Embed - content not available

I published a report to my team's workspace and embedded the report to my department's Sharepoint site and it displays fine for everyone on my team.  In order to share with the rest of the teams, I created a dashboard and pinned the live report page to it then shared it with everyone.

When anyone outside of my team tries to view the report in Sharepoint, they get the Content Not Available error, even though they can open up the report/dashboard in Power BI and view it just fine.

Is this a bug?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@asavadians

As I understand, the ones outside of your team are still in the same organization as you, right? I just have a test but cannot repro the same issue on my side. Could you please make sure that the dashboard you created/shared contains all the reports which embedded in Sharepoint site?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

asavadians
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Yes, that's correct.  Everyone is in the organization.  I tried sharing the dashboard to them through distribution groups, and also a few individuals separately, but neither method allowed them to view the dashboard within Sharepoint.

As I mentioned before, they can view the reports fine when they open Power BI service, so it doesn't seem like an access problem.

Instead of pinning the live report page, I also tried pinning a visual onto the dashboard, but that didn't work either.

For the record, there's only a single report/data set being shared in the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Armen

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@asavadians

This issue can be reproducible now on my side. It maybe related to the latency of the service update for different regions/clusters. We’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 48941049
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted