Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharepoint Connection Fails With Nondescript Error

I have recently been unable to connect to any new Sharepoint sources in my Power BI reports. The existing connections that I have built continue to work, but any new connections result in the following error:

bradohler_0-1634220421040.png

There are no further details with the error, making troubleshooting difficult. I have attempted using the Sharepoint folder, Web, and Excel Workbook connectors and all result in the same error. I have attempted uninstalling/reinstalling Power BI Desktop as well as clearing my permissions, but nothing has worked. I have also tried recreating the existing Sharepoint connections that I have in my report and they fail (but the existing connections still successfully refresh).

I am using version 2.98.683.0 of Power BI Desktop.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the same issue as yours.

I can successfully connect to the Sharepoint Online List data source using the Organizational method:

vrobertqmsft_2-1634285139018.png

vrobertqmsft_3-1634285139027.png

Therefore, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

vrobertqmsft_4-1634285139031.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating