Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SharePoint Date getting changed while loading in Power BI

I've been facing issue with date value from sharepoint. When Using the sharepoint list as source and loading in to power bi, Dates are getting changed while loading itself. For example, if a date is 07/01/2019 in SharePoint, its getting loaded into Power BI Edit Query as 06/30/2019. This is happening for all the dates in power bi. .Have given the issue and the known details below,

SharePoint Data.png

Source - SharePoint

Column Datatype in Edit Query Power BI.pngSharePoint - Date

Edit Query Power BI

The same data is getting changed in both the fields. 

Please do let me know what might the root cause for the issue. I have tried changing the Timezone, Adding TimeZone, Adding hours but seems nothing to work. I am not able to understand why the dates is getting changed in power bi. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

What's your SharePoint online site regional settings(TimeZone, Region) and local machine regional settings? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Both the SP & local machine time zone are in GST +5.30, Region India. Locale Regional settings in Power BI Desktop also set to English(India). 

Is there any other parameter i need to check ? 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I change the timezone setting like yours both in SharePoint online and local machine, the date in Power BI desktop shows the same value as in list. There might be other settings cause this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Sure. Thank you for the information. I have created a support ticket for this issue.