Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share a datasource(Data Gateway) with people from other Domine

This is the user from an other domine, that I need refresh information on Power BI Services with the Data Gateway. I need to use the same Data Gateway to actualize. I had to gave rights to the user, to participe in me domine (office 365) And That was the way I gave rights into the Data Source. The problem is that It steel dose'n appear the conection in the Gateway Conection of this user

Ticket_PowerBI.jpg

Hi @MiguelSaldana77 ,

It’s by design that data sources added to the gateway can only be shared with internal users and they can publish reports or refresh related datasets that include data from these data sources without configuring on themselves. But if you add external users there, users outside your organization still couldn’t use it directly. They need to configure it on their own.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MiguelSaldana77 ,

It’s by design that data sources added to the gateway can only be shared with internal users and they can publish reports or refresh related datasets that include data from these data sources without configuring on themselves. But if you add external users there, users outside your organization still couldn’t use it directly. They need to configure it on their own.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

MiguelSaldana77
Resolver I

Hi, It's not to clear how the users outside my domain most configure their data gateway. Let me explain my problem.

I have a server where I process information of 6 different costumers. I prepare the information an then I have to publish this information to each costumer. These costumers belong to different domains. How can I publish the information to each one, with the same Data Gateway?