Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share Report link not working

Hi,

I am recently facing this issue. 
I am publishing a report in a workspace and then sharing the report using report link.

The other users who are part of the workspace are unable to use the report with the shared link even though they can access the report when they go to the workspace and then search for the report (which highly inconvenient).

When I try to access the report via the link, even I (Owner of workspace/Publisher of the report) am facing the permission issue for the report.

Please let me know if this is a bug or/and there is a resolution to this 

Thanks,

Sumit

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sumit4732,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 71880389. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sumit4732,

This is by design.

When the user is a member of the workspace, he/she can view the report through the workspace with URL group/groupguid/report/reportguid.

However, the URL in the report sharing page is for the users get shared through report sharing. So the group is groups/me/report/reportguid.

We understand this is a bit confusing for customer and we are working on redesigning the sharing experience.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been resolved?

Keep having issue being redirectd to the sign in page when we put a link to a report (with relevant access) in a powerpoint presentation or word document.

I 'm admin and have all relevant right and check we don t have a proxy issue