Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Share Dashboard outside organization

I shared a dashboard with an outside organization.  The email was sent.  When the other person clicks through, they can see the dashboard in Power BI Pro.  However, there are virtually no navigation options on the page, other than the 'power bi' at the top left.  When the person clicks that they are taken back to the 'Welcome to Power BI' page.  The dashboard I just shared cannot be found anywhere, including shared with me and my workspace.

If the user just logs into Power Bi (Pro version trial), they cannot see the dashboard.

Please help!

Paul

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pousterhout,

As you share a dashboard with users outside of your organization, the users will see the shared dashboard or report in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. They have to bookmark the link to access this dashboard or report in the future. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-or-report-with-...

Regarding the issue "If the user just logs into Power Bi (Pro version trial), they cannot see the dashboard.", is there any error message throws out? Please share detail information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu