Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shapes (used as buttons) "lose" one side

Hello,

On about 10 models, where we've created "tab" like buttons using shapes to allow users to control what visuals they see, we stack buttons up against each other and have since the new shapes came out.  Users click the blue "buttons" to see different visuals and a white tab will then show. 

We're now on. [Version: 2.98.683.0 64-bit (October 2021)]. 

What we've seen is that the shapes "degrade" where the left-most shape loses it's left edge.  This is true for most but not all models and most but not all shapes.  Strange.
Here's an example of what a "tab string" starts out looking like.

ThomasDay_0-1634674516144.png

And here's an example after degradation.  You can see the shape has lost it's left edge

ThomasDay_1-1634674627320.png

I've fixed all of them already once...and it's re-occured.  It has degraded on both desktop and power bi services.

Seems like a bug to me.  Any ideas?

Tom

Comments
KerKol
Super User

I've noticed the same issue, and shape fill no longer works as it previously did

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-robertq-msft  these models have many tables, many reports, many measures (100's).  This has happened on 4 or 5 of the 15 or so we use tabs on.   

In a "string of tab shapes.

• Each border between "tabs" has the same pixel count as it's adjacent tabs. 
  • Only the left most side of the left most tabs ever lost their sides.

Here is a dropbox link to a .pbix file with an example of a tab string where the left most tabs have lost their left side outline. Dropbox link to .pbix file of TabsWithOneMissingSide 

Hope this helps,

Tom

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 268635615

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I’ve got this message from pg:

Seems to be an issue using "shape rounding" setting, which has no affect on this shape (tab with rounded corners) anyway. Set this property (round edges) to zero as workaround:

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual

@v-robertq-msft   Worked like a charm.  Thank you!  Tom