Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shape Map Visual Broken after removing color saturation

As of 11/13 (the november update) the Shape Map appears to be broken.  After removing color saturation, we can no longer color the map in darkening shades to show for example: States that have a higher sales numbers than others will appear darker in color. In the patch notes it says it has been replaced by conditional formatting that can accomplish the same thing. However, on the shape map this is not the case as we cannot use conditional formatting. On top of this, the other power bi map visuals cannot reproduce the same results. So for now, we cannot deliver a report that our users are expecting untill fixed 😞

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmac412,

As I tested, it's able to use conditional formatting for shape map, you can test our report on your side. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same problem, and did not get it to work using your report Qiuyun Yu. Is there any update on this issue? 

Best Kristin

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.64.5285.741 then test it again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

That is the version I'm running which I downloaded a few hours ago. I do not have the option to choose advanced controls for data colors for shape maps. 

Best, Kristin

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

It seems that shapemap is no longer available on PBI service ? Can someone confirm ?

dmac412
Advocate I

Hi @DavidPROVOST  ,

I know the shape map visual is still in preview. I also cannot select it in the service. 

However, I was still able to enable the feature in desktop. select it for preview and use the visual just fine.

If you need to conditionally format it...the best workaround I have found is:

- make the visual as a shape map 

- switch the chart type to a barchart 

- set the advanced color settings 

- then switch back to shape map

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

Thanks for the trick, it works !