Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Service refresh stuck for more than 2 hours

Usually my model takes 15 minutes to refresh.

Now I am waiting for more than 2 hours.

Destop is working fast. 

Also, when I tryied to publish, I see 2 refreshes stuck - why does it allow to do it?

Looks like some Service outage today?

How can I stop it?

proteantecs_0-1653570266739.png

Refresh runs properly now.

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @proteantecs,

May I know whether this issue still exists? What’s your data source and the connection mode of it? What kind of workspace is your dataset resided in?

Firstly, please try Get Refresh Execution Details REST APIs with Postman tool to check the real status of the dataset refresh.

Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs for My workspace dataset

Datasets - Get Refresh Execution Details In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microso... for another workspaces

Secondly, try Get Refresh History REST APIs as well to ensure info listed in Refresh history dialog is proper.

Datasets - Get Refresh History - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs for My workspace

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs for other workspaces

After these steps, if the response info shows refresh is completed, then it means the info displayed on the Refresh history dialog is imprecise. If these info shows refresh is still in progress, then it means the refresh is stuck and please try Cancel  Refresh REST APIs to cancel the refresh and restart.

Datasets - Cancel Refresh - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs for My workspace

Datasets - Cancel Refresh In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs for other workspaces

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

proteantecs
Advocate I

Thank you, @v-cazheng-msft 

I didn't know I can cancel the refresh via API, I'll try that.

As for this issue, it might have smth to do with our Gateway server.

It would be really great to get more data on the refresh status and to be able to stop it from the web screen.

Thank you

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @proteantecs,

May I know whether the refresh of your dataset works properly now? 

Best Regards,

proteantecs
Advocate I

@v-cazheng-msft 

Now it runs properly, but there was some kind of outage at the time.

It is OK now, thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @proteantecsm,

That's great! Thanks for your reply!

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Refresh runs properly now.

iBusinessBI
Kudo Collector

@v-cazheng-msft 

No, wait please, I have another customer with the same issue:

Since yesterday I am getting errors:

"Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again."

iBusinessBI_0-1654191587392.png