Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Service Refresh Problems

Having an issue where a published report does not match the same report in Desktop.  We can duplicate the issue by doing the following:

1) Start with a validated report in Power BI Desktop (Nov 2021)

2) Publish report to the online service - the published report appears identical to the desktop version

3) Within the online service, refresh the report - once finished, the report no longer matches the desktop version

Is anyone else having a similar issue?  A gateway is in use, running the latest Nov update.  Data sources are not changing during the above 3 steps.

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Wants to collect more information about this issue.

1. Did this issue happen on this specific report, data source and workspace? or all of them have the same issue?
  2. Since need to use Power BI gateway, did this report use Direct Query mode or Live Connection mode?
  3. Have this issue happened temporarily or all the time?
  4. When refreshing the report, did it happen under manual refresh or schedule refresh or both of them?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Wants to collect more information about this issue.

1. Did this issue happen on this specific report, data source and workspace? or all of them have the same issue?
  2. Since need to use Power BI gateway, did this report use Direct Query mode or Live Connection mode?
  3. Have this issue happened temporarily or all the time?
  4. When refreshing the report, did it happen under manual refresh or schedule refresh or both of them?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

oliviatran1

Hi, I am getting this issue too where the refreshed desktop version is reporting higher income than a gateway refreshed report.

- Gateway has recently been refreshed

- Connections are all valid

- It has happened to reports which was recently republished using the NOV21 desktop version.

- We use direct query with out PBI reports.

- Any refresh on the workspaces have this error, the only way to show true figures is manually refreshing in desktop and republishing.

This has only started since the update last week.