Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Service Painfully Slow -- 07/30/2018

Reports are extrememly slow to load. The models refreshed but each page takes nearly a full minute to load or time out while loading the visuals.

Comments
PHDurand
Helper I

Same for me: unable to publish any report from Desktop to PBI Service except in my own Workspace.

I even get a message warning that I'm not authorized to publish on Workspace if I'm not admin. But I'm the only admin for this workspace.

Other issue: I tried to import pbix directly from PBI Service (through "Get Data"). Load is working but refresh is running for hours without success (where it takes less than 3 minutes to refresh in Desktop).

Clearly need quick action to put Service at full speed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had word from Microsoft Support that the issue has apparently been fixed. Is anyone still experiencing a slowdown?

PHDurand
Helper I

No change for me: still extremely slow.

I can only see my old reports (not updated) but no refresh & no new load from Desktop are possible.

donquijote
Advocate IV

The issue is still ongoing. Unreliable service.

anastasia
Regular Visitor

We are not able to load any reports with dedicated Premium capacity in North Europe. The issue started on Monday. Does anyone experience the same?

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

Hi @anastasia

Our premium instance in North Europe is currently functioning as expected, and has been for the last few days. Are you using the premium instance for Embedded reports? If so, you can raise a support ticket with the Azure team via the portal.

Hope this helps.

donquijote
Advocate IV

@MattCalderwoodfwiw, here also in North-Europe region. We are still experiencing the issue of reports loading too slow around 1min. Situation had improved over the weekend and also during monday which was a holiday in the US. The issue came back just now with the increased load today. This makes us think the underlying reason may not have been solved.

anastasia
Regular Visitor

@MattCalderwood thank you! we submitted a support ticket but it seems to take some time to get to the root cause of the issue.

@donquijote coincidence or not, that situation has improved for you during a holiday in US...could we in North-Europe region be dependent on US?

donquijote
Advocate IV

@anastasiawe think the issue correlates with user load and the reason we didn't experience issues on Monday was because general user load was lower. We don't know if there is interection between the North-Europe infrastructure and US infrastructure wrt Power BI Embedded. Both today and yesterday we experienced issues around the busiest hours of the day.

Goofr
Advocate IV

We are still experiencing the problem.

Our Power BI Service tenant is located in Northern Ireland.

Every afternoon starting from around 3 pm (CET) it gets worse.

Why does it take so long to fix this?