Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sequence contains no matching element error

Is anyone getting "Sequence contains no matching element" errors in Power BI desktop refreshes?
Is so, which version of Power BI Desktop are you using please?
The forum history says this problem has cropped up before with faulty Power BI desktop releases.
I therefore tested the same PBIX on an old and new version of Power BI Desktop, and sure enough only the new one failed.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

use march version to have a try. Version: 2.91.701.0 64-bit (March 2021)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Same, I had this yesterday when editing and refreshing one of my reports and I found that the error appeared when unpivoting a table. If I removed this step, the error no longer appeared. I'm not sure why this is happening as it has not happened before on this version of PBI.

speedramps
Super User

Thanks Samantha_h and 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, we just had this error and the problem was that we had a relation 1 to many (from Dim to Fact) in ACP, but when deploying to PRD there was an issue with the database so the relation got as a many to many. This broke the model and prevented it to load correctly. All in all, I'd recommend you to check you model relations.

speedramps
Super User

Thank you thomasduvivier

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous, all sorted now!