Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

September update broke hierarchical slicer

Hierarchical slicer only works on designer.

PBIRS Server allows selection but no other visual is being filtered by any slicer that uses the hierarchical visual. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bassbr2002

I would suggest you contact the developer of the Hierarchy Slicer for help: https://azurebi-docs.jppp.org/powerbi-visuals/hierarchy-slicer.html?tabs=docs%2Cdocs-open

@jppp  The issue can be reproduced on my side as well. Please check it on your side. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jppp
MVP

Hi @Bassbr2002 ,

What browser are you using as there is a general issue with Internet Explorer and the HierarchySlicer.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

wvanpeel
Advocate II

We are using IE 11 and have the same issue. The visual shows no data at all. Hierachy slicers do not work anymore since yesterday.

For some users it works in Chrome, but for some it does not help either. 

jppp
MVP

Hi All,

There seems to be an issue with the Power BI Report Server and the HierarhcySlicer and I can confirm this is an isse, and I am investigating what is causing this.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Bassbr2002
Frequent Visitor

@jppp 

Thank you.

We have many reports with hierarchical slicers in prod and had to (so far) replace all with multiple standard ones to provide "similar" functionality. 

MS needs to do a better job testing before releasing a new PBIRS version as a whole (not first time a major bug is introduced), and on this case is awkward because your visual is featured in the release.

Andre

wvanpeel
Advocate II

Is there any news around this?  

@jppp 

Bassbr2002
Frequent Visitor

@wvanpeel 

Apparently, they are working on an update for later this week...

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the update is out: version 15.0.1102.620 published today.

Didn't had time to test it yet, but I'm interested to know if it fixes this issue 😉

jppp
MVP

The issue should be solved for now as an old version of the slicer is now available. And probably the new version would work with the Sepetmber version with the latest update installed.

-JP

Bassbr2002
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous, @jppp 

I can confirm that the issue with custom visuals (including hierarchy slicer) has been fixed and is working again.