Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

September 2019 Update Blurry on 2nd Monitor Screen

This has just happened with the September 2019 release. Power BI Desktop looks fine on my small laptop screen. Move it across to my larger 2nd monitor and the font is blurry to the point of being unreadable.

I need Power BI on the larger screen so I can see everything so at the moment, the September 2019 release is unuseable

Comments
DebbieE
Community Champion

This is because My Laptop Monitor in Display in Scaled to 150% 

My Big monitor is scaled to 100%

This is the recommended scale and if I change My Scaling to match neither screen looks good

So essentially this is a bug fix to sort out the issue for people with multiple monitors that having different scaling

edhans
Super User

I can confirm this is happening to me as well. Works fine on my Surface Pro 6 HDPI screen, but my non-HDPI 2nd monitor it looks horrible. I reported a screenshot of it here. It is like old school screens before the days of ClearType.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Works fine on main (125% scaled) screen. Looks horrible on 2nd monitor unless it's scaled too. I wouldn't say it's blurry so much as jaggedy, as per the image:

Untitled.png

FredFred1970
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem as well fine on my surface laptop.  Fine on the laptop screen but on my Dell U2412M (both at 100% and recommended resolutions) the plane is blurred see bottom right although the buttons are fine see top left

Annotation 2019-09-11 200555.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 146545994. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also experiencing the same issue with images looking extermely 'jaggedy' and very rough around the borders when using second screen.Capture.PNGvisuals.PNG 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here

Chaki
Regular Visitor

Same issue here

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the issue has to do with the having two screens with different scaling. 

i.e: my laptop screen has default scaling of 150%. My 2nd screen has a scaling of 100% default/recommended. If I mantain these settings  PowerBI freaks out. 

If I match the scaling on both screens it looks better, however, this messes with other applications.