Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sept. Release - Deselect Parallel Loading of Tables not functioning with RedShift connection

Hi Team,

With the September release of Power BI Desktop, our ability to load tables one-by-one appears to have stopped working.

We have a connection to an outside RedShift data warehouse that has connection limits.  If we were to try to load all the tables we need into Power BI in parallel, we would receive a "Too many connections" error thrown from the RedShift side. To work around this, we deselect the "Parallel Loading of Tables" option in Options > Data Load to allow us to load one table at a time.

However, after updating to the September 2018 release, this option seems to be stuck on Enable (the visual check box is working, but not the underlying functionality).

We have only a single project connected to this RedShift instance so there isn't a conflict with other programs/projects trying to access at the same time, which could throw the "Too many connections" error.

We have also tested our connection with a SQL editor separately and it's connecting as expected.

The only variable that has changed to this project is the update to the new release, 

If there is any more information I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Ben

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 73896691. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qiuyun!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information that we are planning to push for the fix in November release. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update Qiuyun

bininja
Helper I

Any update here? Disabling the parallel loading features, still loads all the tables at once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just updated to the November release.  

I then re-enabled, then disabled the parallel loading feature and it is loading one table at a time correctly now.

bininja
Helper I

I just updated aswell. Looks good. Do you know how this function will work on the Power BI Web?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a chance to check it out there yet, but let me know if it does!