Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selection filter between visuals are not synchronised

I have posted this isse in Developer fourms (http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Selection-filter-between-visuals-are-not-synchronised/m-p/...) before I realized that I probably should have posted here instead.

Anyway, I've noticed that the selection filters sometimes are not synchonised between the visuals, if one is a native visual and another one is a custom visual. The issue even occus for the custom visuals that are provided by Microsoft.

To reproduce the issue: 

1. Have a native visual (eg. Pie chart, can be on either highlight mode or filter mode) and a custom visual (eg. Aster plot) on Filter mode (Highlight mode doesn't seem to produce this issue consistently).
  2. Select an item or items on Aster plot. This will cause the corresponding item(s) to be highlighted on Pie chart (Expected behavior).
  3. Now select an item on pie chart. The pie chart will now have the selected item highlighted. But the Aster plot clears all selections (All items are selected instead!)

Capture.PNG

Same issue occurs in my own custom visual. Can someone please have a look into this?

Thanks,

Muy

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@muy

I can repro the same issue as you. I've reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 34549173
I'll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted