Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selecting colors in Data Color tab on visuals and they are not accurate

Ever since the September release, when I select colors in a data colors tab, the color I select is not what PBI applies. I am using a JSON color theme - it always worked just fine - but with this release it does not. I tried reloading the JSON file and still the same. I try to select green and it applies pink, for example. This is making PBI useless for conditional formatting. In addition, I cannot select any colors accurately at all, so my file looks like a piece of junk.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? As I tested, the data colors works fine in Power BI desktop version 2.62.5222.761. Please test if the issue occurs in this desktop version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft I am on Version: 2.62.5222.761 64-bit (September, 2018).

It appears to be a problem with the custom visuals, like the bullet chart by OKViz 2.1.6 and the KPI Indicator 2.0.7.0. The standard visuals for Power BI - color selection works just fine. It does not work correctly with these two custom visuals. This is making them useless and I need them for my current project. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 87158387. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Trebor
Advocate I

I am experience the exact same issue with the OKViz Bullet Chart since upgrading to the September release. Selecting one colour brings a completely different colour onto the chart.

Many of our reports use this visualisation, so this is causing many problems for us. 

We are using our own JSON theme.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can refer to archdev's post in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Custom-Visual-Color-selector-giving-a-different-col...

When I found this bug I was using API v1.8. This doesn't seem to affect API v2.1, so it may not be something necessary to address.

I would suggest you contact the author of the issued custom visual for help. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-qiuyu-msft Is there any update on this? It also impacts OKViz Card with States. I cannot finish my project with this problem. Am I supposed to contact OKViz? Or is this something Microsoft would do? I don't know what to do with the API information.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley,

I have consulted this information internally, will update to you once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

ETA for fix is about 4 weeks. In the meantime, workaround is to select colors by typing their hex code rather than choosing from the color palette.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu