Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selecting a visual of the same type doesn't show correct font

In the current Nov 2017 desktop client, if I select a visual and go to the formatting area.  If i then select an element of that visual where i can select a Font and choose a new selection, now if i select another Visual on my report of the same type the font i just selected will display in the selection pane instead of the one actually applied to that visual.

To replicate this error for yourself, complete the following:

1. Start a new report and add 2 of the same visuals.  For my example i'll use 'clustered column charts'
  2. Add data to both of these visuals
  3. Click on your first chart, go to 'Visualizations' -> Roller Paint Brush -> Legend -> Font Family and select 'Lucida Sans Unicode'
  4. Click on your second chart. The visualizations pane will detect you are have selected a similar visual and will show you all of the values for the 2nd chart, except the Font in Legend will still display 'Lucidia Sans Unicode'
  5. Click on an empty space
  6. Click back onto the 2nd chart and navigate back to the Legend. You will notice the font now correctly displays the font it always had.
Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 51581306
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This issue should will be fixed in the December 2017 release.

Best Regards,
Herbert