Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scorecard Data Not Refreshing and unable to load metrics in Power BI Desktop or Service

On all of my scorecards all of the metrics will say they are up to date and refreshed but the data showing is older data. This however only happens to my submetrics. The main ones will update and show the current data. I even attempted to individually refresh, this also does nothing. 
My other issue is I'm trying to add the metrics to a report. When on the Power BI service I don't see any of the metrics, even when I added them to favorites. When on Power BI Desktop when I click on the metrics visual and then attempt to add a list of metrics I recieve this error message. "Your Power BI session expired: The current Power BI session can no longer be used to communicate with the Power BI service because of a service modification. You must close and re-open your browser to start a new session". I have tried closing and reoping the report, I have tried making a new report. When on the Power BI service I have reloaded and closed the browser multiple times. None of this has worked.  

Thank you for any insight on how to fix this.

Hi @WL2 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 319904869 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @WL2 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 319904869 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

ackerkris
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

I'm experiencing this issue as well:

When on Power BI Desktop when I click on the metrics visual and then attempt to add a list of metrics I recieve this error message. "Your Power BI session expired: The current Power BI session can no longer be used to communicate with the Power BI service because of a service modification. You must close and re-open your browser to start a new session". I have tried closing and reoping the report, I have tried making a new report. When on the Power BI service I have reloaded and closed the browser multiple times. None of this has worked. 

But I cannot even see the entire message:

ackerkris_0-1662360639079.png