Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh using ODBC connection

Hello,

Is there anyway that I can use a direct query while connecting to hive, so that I need not schedule any refresh for the report.

Whenever I select the hive dsn through odbc connectin from the Power BI desktop, by default it takes the import query option.

Really interested to know this. Also when there are 2 different data sources I also noticed that both of them either should be import query or direct query, and if it is through odbc connection direct query option is disabled.

Appreciate responses !!! 

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@narendra534,

You can enable Direct Query for Hive by using custom data connector in Power BI Desktop, for more details, please review this blog. However, in this case, it is not possible to connect to other data sources.

In addition, begin from Power BI Desktop July 2018 release, for some directquery data sources, a report can seamlessly include data connections from more than one DirectQuery or import data connection by enabing composite model. You can check more details in this article.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered