Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh issue

Power BI Gateway intermittently doesn't refresh the reports, which are scheduled. It throws the below error message.

2019_01_11_11_01_24_Power_BI_Internet_Explorer.jpg

This needs to be resolved a.s.a.p.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @onbi,

Please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, click on Refresh button.

If it's can be refreshed successfully, please republish the report to Power BI service, click on Refresh Now for the dataset to see if the the same issue occurs. 

By the way, please keep using the latest gateway version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

onbi
Helper I

Hi Quiyun:

We've been refreshing in Power BI desktop and the refresh completes fine with no issues.

Also, we've been performing manual refresh when the scheduled refresh fails with the error mentioned

in this post.

But, we need to know why the scheduled refresh fails from time to time for random reports?

It is tedious to perform manual refresh daily for different reports, when the no. of reports been   

scheduled for refresh is high.

With regards to using the latest version of Power BI Gateway, how does the Gateway update work?

Will it remove and reinstall the new version of Power BI Gateway or install a second copy of the

On Premise Power BI Gateway on the server? The reason I'm asking this question is because, I've

observed that during installation of the newer version, it doesn't remove and reinstall the Power BI

Gateway.

Thanks,

Farhad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have been having the same issue the last 5 days, refreshing the datasets offline and publishing them again updates the dataset but the scheduled refreshes still fail. Restarting the gateway seems to work for a while, but then most of our refreshes the next morning fail with the same error. Also - the table mentioned in the error is a different table each time you attempt a refresh, and the tables are from different sources so I can't see it being caused by one particular datasource. We have the latest gateway update running.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @onbi,

If there is an old gateway version installed, when we run a installer for a new gateway version, it should install as "upgrade". You can go to Control Panel check gateway version after installation is completed. 

I see the same dataset was be refreshed successfully on 1/15/2019 and 1/16/2019, the issue sames to be happen intermittently. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

@Anonymous Please create a support ticket as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu