Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh fail

Hi,

I've installed a data gateway on a server and updated to the latest version as request that is always available and then scheduled a refresh for a particular dataset each morning. But the scheduled refresh is not stable and always fail. I always get an email notifying me of the failure, but where the email says 'This is usually a transient issue (not very helpful!). I've pasted the text from the email body below:

PCD C3 Report has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
Next refresh for PCD C3 Report is scheduled for November 12, 2019 11:00 UTC.

Technical Information

Activity Id:
01a0459c-2415-428c-962a-acd43fc339ae

Request Id:
e1fc0c92-8f4b-4925-9686-0db39f1c093d

Cluster Name:
WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:
November 12, 2019 2:30 UTC

Refresh End Time:
November 12, 2019 2:31 UTC

I was wondering if anyone else has come accross this issue please?

Thanks very much in advance

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KrystalChan

From internal trace, I found the error "Column 'Total R2' in table 'PBI_PCD_Code3_Stock' cannot be found or may not be used in this expression.". I would suggest you download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, refresh the report, check if any other measure or calculated column reference to the "Column 'Total R2' in table 'PBI_PCD_Code3_Stock'. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

KrystalChan
Frequent Visitor

Many Thanks for your quick response, I will follow your suggest to check the table.

rpierik
Regular Visitor

We have got simular issues since November 13th:

Tried several things, no solution yet. 

Last refresh failed: Thu Nov 21 2019 23:20:52 GMT+0100 (Midden-Europese standaardtijd)
Hide details

Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:fc97bf36-1fc4-47fc-8197-af391c83acd1
Request ID:1de955c4-fc02-c0cf-3b85-aa146d5dc6a9
Time:2019-11-21 22:20:52Z
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had similar issues with a dataset not refreshing at all. We sort of resolved it by taking a copy of the report and re-publishing it with a different name. However finally realised there was a dashboard using a couple of fields from the report that been renamed (actually the query/table had been renamed), and the dashboard was complaining it couldn't find the fields (but the dataset or report did not indicate any such problem). Once we reverted the field names everything started working again and the dataset now refreshes like a dream. I think Power BI dev team need to add functionality so that a clear error message is shown when a dataset refresh fails because of a dashboard dependency.

Thanks
Pete.