Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh errors on all reports

Am getting the following error on all my reports when schedule refresh

Processing errorCOM error: mscorlib, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index. The database operation was cancelled because of an earlier failure. The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface
Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

How large are your datasets? Make sure the size of datasets is less than half storage of a workspace. In addtion, did this issue occur before? 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Remy_57
Receiving the same error - scheduled updates worked well until this past weekend and have failed daily since 9/7. Nothing changed with the dataset or gateway prior to failure and the dataset had been updating daily for months. Working with our IT department to see what, if any, updates were applied over the holiday weekend. The error I've been receiving includes a table name and the table that's identified as causing the index out of range issue changes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  I have a report that has been refreshing fine for months on the web.  Now, it will only refresh in desktop, and it fails every scheduled refresh online.  Nothing in my report/queries have changed.  The table it says is failing is a connection to Dynamics CRM using and API.  There are only 45k rows in the table, all of my columns are formatted as text, and I don't see any errors anywhere.  Anyone have any ideas what to do?  When I remove this table from the report, it will refresh on the web.  However, I have two other CRM API tables that are in the report that aren't causing any issues.  I'm at a loss as to where to start. 

Power BI Error.png

Here is the exact error:  COM error: mscorlib, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index. The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Distributor Connection- CRM API.

Remy_57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remy_57 Thank you so much!  I really appreciate it!

Remy_57
The issue appears to have been resolved with the latest server updates. I updated to a more recent desktop version in mid-September and that didn't fix the issue; however, my organization updated the server to service version 13.0.14342.87 and Client version 2009.2.02969-train last week and the gateway updates worked without the "Index out of range" error afterwards. I have no role with the server updates, so it may have been coincidence if other changes/patches were applied, but the error is gone. I have yet to apply the desktop update from last week and am still running desktop version 2.85.681.0 (Sept 2020). Regardless, the gateway refresh is working well now.