Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh error when sync from Power BI desktop to Power BI service, with Row level security

Hi all,

I'm pulling information from Dynamics 365 OData feed, to Power BI desktop dataset, created some report based on that.

After all these, I published the dataset and report to power BI service and set scheduled refresh everyday.

Previously it seems working fine with no error message.

However, I added in Row Level Security 2 days ago and published the version with row level security to power BI service.

Ever after this change, the scheduled refresh always fail with errors.

Error message displayed in my email shows:

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset. Next refresh for All oppotunities is scheduled for 05/25/2018 08:00:00

Learn more

Technical Information:

Activity Id: 4d30ac11-9eaf-4fe5-a5c2-5959c32689d0

Request Id: 49836ac4-10c4-4779-81d4-563440b3934f

Cluster Name: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time: 05/24/2018 12:01:17Z

Refresh End Time: 05/24/2018 12:13:10Z

Thanks,

Microsoft Power BI

This email was sent by Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA, 98052, USA

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

And then eventually somehow my data refresh get auto disabled with this email notification:

All oppotunities data refresh disabled

All opportunities data refresh has been disabled. You can learn about common reasons refresh fails in our help topics or reach out to our Community for help. As always, you can also contact support.

If you contact support for this issue, please provide them with the following information:

Activity Id: 554eec28-d0c9-4c6b-b1c6-27043554d52d

Request Id: 31e04801-e6da-4a84-b1c3-f64cc39bc5d8

Cluster Name: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time: 05/25/2018 00:02:19Z

Refresh End Time: 05/25/2018 00:29:27Z

Thanks,

Microsoft Power BI

This email was sent by Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA, 98052, USA

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

Can anyone help me regarding this issue?

I noticed there's a known issue mentioned in Row level security documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#manage-security-on-your-model

So my error due to the same reason? Any work around?

issues.PNGThank you for the help in advance!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From internal telemetry, I find there is a error "Column '_transactioncurrencyid_value' in Table 'goals' contains a duplicate value 'b7325c73-1426-e111-9447-d8d3855b355e' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.". 

I would suggest you download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, then check if the column '_transactioncurrencyid_value' in Table 'goals' does contain duplicate values. Ensure it's able to refresh in Power BI desktop successfully then republish to Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the guidance! That solves the issue!